13 Customer Reviews
I love it.
HH . Dec 2018.
18 December 2018
Very refined as befits a 21 yo. A hint of smoke , honeyed , with a fine malty backdrop. Caramel and toffee notes abound before a rich , deep , champagne -like toastiness. I get a hint of spiciness , but try as I might, I get no dill or tarragon as per previous reviewer. Perhaps cardamom though it is very subtle . It ” feels” expensive and cultured and is real late night after dinner starlight. Whether it is a three figure whisky, only taste and economy can tell. I loved it.
10 December 2018
Loved this 21 year old Blue. It was presented beautifuly in its blue bag and tasted lovely.
The Earl of Worlingham
14 June 2018
The pride of Scotland. In your drawing room or after a hunting party, this scotch will remain the best you tried. Excellent service, quick delivery, well done.
Avtar Singh Dhillon
10 June 2018
An amazing blended whisky with a slight smokey taste that is not too bitter or harsh on the palate. The whole experience from the box to the velvet bag to the cork and the bottle. You can appreciate every single drop and enjoy it. I like the fact it is a minimum of 21 years. I love it! Enjoy
23 April 2018
Fantastic service. Thank you
18 November 2017
Probably the best whisky I have ever tasted, extremely smooth and full of flavour, I get the honey and exotic spices, but saying that I only had a single, I will be buying a bottle so I can really get a taste for it, would strongly recommend!!
27 August 2017
Superb Drink. One of the very best I have Drank
25 December 2016
Smooth but lacking…
This whisky has a decent level of complexity and I think Jason’s review nails a lot of the tasting notes. In addition, it is very smooth. However for me the 40вЂ° abv absolutely kills its potential, it feels watered down and over thin.
7 June 2016
Whisky was nice.
25 March 2016
We had this bottle last year and it’s was perfect 5*
19 January 2015
This was my introduction bottle to Chivas and made me purchase the Chivas Regal 25 which became a staple bottle on my shelf. Definitely one of my favorite 21 year olds which is entirely smooth and enjoyable to drink. Smells wonderful in your glass and makes you appreciate the work that went into this blend which was placed inside this beautiful bottle once held in your hands. Put your hand to your hairline and salute.
Jason’s Scotch Whisky Reviews
28 January 2012
“Nose” (undiluted): Dandelion, honey, a wee peat and ocean air laden with salt. Not a show stopper. Pleasant but that’s about it. “Palate” (undiluted): Dollops of wild honey on crunchy toast, zinging with tarragon, dill and other exotic spices. Snuff box from the Orient. Cardamom. Some complexity mid-palate. “Finish” (undiluted): Big malty notes, mint chocolate, heavy oak and sweet grains with good shakes of freshly ground black pepper.
Royal Salute Marketing
The Duke of Argyll and the polo player Malcolm Borwick both hold the role of Brand Ambassador for Royal Salute.
Royal Salute is an international polo sponsor, with a calendar of tournaments that include the following:
- “Copa Royal Salute”, Polo Club de Bogotá – Bogotá, Colombia
- Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup 2012, São Paulo State, Brazil in aid of the Sentebale charity.
- Sentebale Polo Cup 2011 in association with Royal Salute, Coworth Park, Ascot, England in aid of the Sentebale charity.
- Foundation Challenge Cup 2011, Santa Barbara Polo Club, California, USA in aid of the American Friends of the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry charity.
- The Royal Salute China Open Polo Tournament, Tang Polo Club, Beijing, China
- The Royal Salute Maharaja of Jodhpur |Golden Jubilee Cup, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur, India.
- The Royal Salute Nations Cup, Desert Palm Polo Club, Dubai.
- The Royal Salute Jubilee Cup, Greenwich, USA
- The Royal Salute Polo Cup, Jeju, South Korea
- The Campeonato Argentino Abierto de Polo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Triplice Coroa Tournament, Helvetia Polo Club, São Paulo, Brazil
- Copa Ouro, Sao Jose Polo Club, São Paulo, Brazil
- Sydney Gold Cup, Sydney Polo and Country Club, Sydney, Australia
- Goldin Polo Cup, Beaufort Polo Club, Tetbury, England
- Cortina Winter Polo Gold Cup, Cortina d’Ampezzo, Italy
Since 2006, Royal Salute has sponsored “Mark of Respect Awards”, which go, according to the brand’s press releases, to “one deserving individual within the Asian-American community”.
This page was last edited on 27 December 2017, at 17:33